From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX could not launch

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I tried to launch NI MAX in win. 10 with the intention of detect a Keithley 2100 multimeter connected by USB. Since it is not Plug and Play device I click in "Create New...", but is prompted the screen that you can see in the pic attached. the device is detected by the Device manager (under the name "2100 Multimeter") but not by NI MAX (even if I click on Refresh button).

Please, does anyone any hint about this issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,794 Views)

@EstebanP wrote:

Hi all,

I tried to launch NI MAX in win. 10 with the intention of detect a Keithley 2100 multimeter connected by USB. Since it is not Plug and Play device I click in "Create New...", but is prompted the screen that you can see in the pic attached. the device is detected by the Device manager (under the name "2100 Multimeter") but not by NI MAX (even if I click on Refresh button).

Best regards, 

Go to NI MAX >> Tools >> Reset configuration data and restart your PC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,751 Views)

If you search the Web for "Keithley 2100 LabVIEW", you will find a number of "hits" about accessing this device from LabVIEW.  Sounds like a solution does exist ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,745 Views)

@SabariSaravanan.M wrote:

@EstebanP wrote:

Hi all,

Best regards, 

Go to NI MAX >> Tools >> Reset configuration data and restart your PC.

What the.....?

Dude, that is the last thing you want to do.  The Instrument will show up as a VCP when connected via USB. The device type cannot be automatically detected from MAX or anywhere else unless you chat with it via VISA.

And whoever gave you a CLD?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,738 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EstebanP

Hey EstebanP, 

Could you check you have NI-VISA installed (NI-VISA 18.0), and that you have the latest version of the firmware on the device. Looks like this is V1.09.

Also check NIVIUSB.dll is checked in MAX (select Tools » NI-VISA » VISA Options... Once the VISA Options screen appears, select Passports in the tree view (My System » General Settings » Passports).

If so, then the next step would be to force reinstall NI-VISA to ensure there is no corruption. Check out  A Code Library Required by NI-VISA Could Not Be Located. Although it's different systems the steps go through ensuring NI-VISA is correctly detecting the device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 
Rebecca

Message 5 of 6
(2,703 Views)

Hi Rebecca,

thanks a lot. Installing NI-VISA 18.0 solved the problem (they recommed higher that 13 and I had 15 installed), despite the firmware version is 01.07-01-01 (probably not the latest).

Anyway, thank you so much.

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,698 Views)