LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Linux Real Time Target discovery in MAX

This question is pertaining to Linux Real-Time targets.

I have a target connected directly via ethernet cable with a link-local address. I can SSH into it and see that Avahi and the RT mDNS Daemon are both running. However I cannot connect to it in MAX. My firewall is turned off. I have been looking in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\RT Images\ to trace the LabVIEW RT dependencies and install these manually.

What is the minimum software installation on a target in order for it to be discovered in MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,289 Views)

devjclark,

There is no minimum software that has to be installed on the controller to be seen in MAX, but there are a couple of troubleshooting steps in case you can discover it, take a look here.

Also, what device are you trying to discover?

Regards,

tuco100s

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,236 Views)

It's a PC running NI Linux Real-Time, not the supported Pharlap install that comes with the USB desktop utility.

And this is my problem. I have a need for Linux and LabVIEW Real-Time, not LabVIEW for Linux with the PREEMPT_RT patch.

MAX uses mDNS for network discovery, and the Avahi client running on Linux targets should identify the machine. But somewhere this link is not working.

I should have a Linux-based cRIO on the way in December, so this attempt at undocumented workarounds is over.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,228 Views)