From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras can work standalone?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Here is a quick question. Can we use NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras standalone without Any other package (like Vision Aquisition ?) for Grab and save usb camera images?

Actually I am doing a project in a company which has labview but does not have any other plugin, drivers and packages. So can i do this without purchasing any other package? And is NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras is free or we need to purchase this ?

Thanks in advance.

Khan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,464 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zahidkjatoi

I believe that USB Cameras use IMAQdx, which requires an additional license from NI for the Vision Acquisition Software Toolkit.  In addition, if you want to run an executable built with IMAQdx on another machine, it will require a Run-Time License for IMAQdx (you get one Run-Time License with the VAS Toolkit, so you can run/test your code on your Development PC).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(2,431 Views)

Thanks for reply Bob_SChor. It seems i must have VAS in order to integrate USB camera.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,428 Views)