LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAQ 1428 Trigger Problems

I am currently using a NI SCC-68 terminal connected to a PCI-6259 DAQ card. I am also using an Atmel Aviiva M2 with the NI-IMAQ 1428 card along with the required breakout cable. We have the camera hooked up in the base configuration and are unable to extract the frame and linescan triggers. A few weeks ago we were reading a questionable signal that hovered around -4 V with a peak only 0.005V away from the baseline. The signal was fairly noisy but it looked as if it could be a trigger.

I am wondering what the voltage of the triggers would be and how exactly we're supposed to read it off of the breakout cable. As of right now we're getting nothing out of all 4 trigger channels and cannot get back to even the questionable signal. Thanks for the help.

Bhishma
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,636 Views)
Hi Bhishma,

Thanks for posting to the NI forums!  Those four trigger channels are TTL signals, so they should be 5V when high, and 0V when low.  What was the source of the questionable signal you were reading?  How are you measuring the triggers? You should be reading the voltage between TTL_TRIG[3-0] (pins 5-8 on the 68 pin cable) and DGRND (pin 2).

Regards,
Maclean G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,623 Views)
We are outputting the signal from the 25-Pin D-SUB Trigger connector on the IMAQ D6826 Breakout cable into an oscillopscope. The camera is capturing while we are looking for any of these trigger signals so we are expecting internal line and frame triggers with free run mode.

All the TTL_TRIG pins are now outputting a single constant voltage and we have tried many things hardware-side to fix this. Thank you for the help.

Bhishma

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,617 Views)
Hi Bhishma,

What have you tried doing?  Have you been testing it in MAX or in LabVIEW?

Have a good weekend,
Maclean G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,605 Views)