LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Gateway Requirement Tags

What do I need to do in order to associate requirements in my Word Document with NI Gateway? I have created a MS Word Style defined as Requirement_ID and Requirement_Text and applied them to their respective parts of the document but when I load the document in NI Gateway I get no response. Please see attached.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,668 Views)

You do not have anything attached.

In your VI's, did you enter anything in the VI description such as Requirement_ID followed by a comment?

R

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,663 Views)
Lets try this again.

Message Edited by craige on 07-07-2008 04:51 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,659 Views)
I'm just trying to get the basic requirement to show up under my word document within NI Gateway. After I accomplish that I'll worry about associating code with specific requirements.

Craig
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,655 Views)

Was this one solved?

I have similar difficulties with Word document, which I modify by tagging requirement ids and text. But nothing happens..

I´m running an evaluation software (v1.1) but this should´t be the problem..?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,517 Views)

timppi_fin,

Using the evaluation version of Requirements Gateway should not be the problem.

Requirements Gateway reads requirements out of a word document by transforming the .doc or .docx file into an intermediate text file, and then using regular expressions to parse that text file.

The built in Word type uses the following regular expression to search for requirements:

^Requirement_ID[ \t]+(\S+)(?:[ \t]*\:[ \t]*(.+)|)$

Please note that regular expressions search for exact text.  So if you have named your character style anything other than "Requirement_ID" (case matters!), it will not match the regular expression.

To understand what is going on, I reccomend that you turn on the option to retain the intermediate file after analysis.  You can do this on the Project tab of the Configuration window (File»Edit Project).

If you look at that intermediate file, you will notice that changes in character styles (such as Requirement_ID) begin a new line.

I understand that I probably haven't answered your question, but I don't have enough information so I've tried to give some background that might help. 

Could you attach a sample Word document that shows the problem?  This will help me diagnose what is going wrong.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,495 Views)