LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI GDS difference of class provider

Hi,

I'm using NI-GDS and I'm wondering why I can't find some information about the difference between the class provider in the GOOP options. (EndevoGOOP300, EndevoGOOP400, LabVIEW GOOP Native)

Can someone give me an advise, please?

Regards

kaba

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,380 Views)

This is my understanding (solely IMHO):

• EndevoGOOP400 is main option for GDS. It allows creating and modifying modern by-ref classes using GOOP4 model.
  • EndevoGOOP300 is there for back-support reasons. It allows working with by-ref classes using old GOOP3 model.
  • LabVIEW GOOP Native allows using the same tools for working with native by-value classes.

My recomendation: Always use GOOP4.

My recomendation: Do not take part i hollywar "by-ref vs. by-value". Just use by-ref Smiley Very Happy

(2,354 Views)

@_Y_ wrote:

My recomendation: Do not take part i hollywar "by-ref vs. by-value". Just use by-ref Smiley Very Happy

Yes, the way to get strong is by rowing against the stream.Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,349 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@_Y_ wrote:

Good joke, I shall memorize it and use occasionally.Smiley Wink

You should enjoy this

https://razboiulpentrutrecut.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/herluf-bidstrup-privire-retrospectivc483.jp...

(2,335 Views)

@_Y_ wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@_Y_ wrote:

Good joke, I shall memorize it and use occasionally.Smiley Wink

You should enjoy this

https://razboiulpentrutrecut.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/herluf-bidstrup-privire-retrospectivc483.jp...

A bit too subtle for me. What's the moral? Everyone laughs at someone? Or apes have the last laugh?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,330 Views)