Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Example Finder Crashing...

Sequence:
opened LV8 >> Example Finder >> I do not save any VIs
closed LV8, Completely.

Opened LV7.1
TRIED to open example finder. Received following error dialog box

"Executable version (7.1.1) does not match resource file (7.1). Check your configuration"

Further 'example finder was opened but with NO examples.
It opened with 2 folder. #1 favorites. #2 Most recent.
When clicked on most recent example, it hangs with a dialog box.
At the bottom of Windows taskbar, you could see 'NI example Finder'  , but it does not open.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,461 Views)

Hi,

Please repair LabVIEW 7.1.1 run-time engine as stated in this KB. Please let me know if that fixes the problem.

Regards,

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,451 Views)
Hi.
Thanks. Wondering about the following:

I have not created any installer using LabVIEW application Builder that include the Run-Time engine, after I installed LV8 ( while the KB says 'One way this can occur is when creating installers using LabVIEW Application Builder that include the Run-Time Engine')

KB-->"..This problem is most likely due to a corrupted or incomplete LabVIEW 7.1.1 Run-Time Engine installation.Since the Run-Time Engine is needed to run LabVIEW executables, this installation will have to be repaired. "
When following the procedure to repair RTE7.1.1, it asks for CD (path for RTE7.1.1), which means again from the same CD. How could it be explained that it will repair itself when first time it was corrupted when installed from the same CD ?

After 'repairs' of TRE7.1.1 , or if RTE7.1.1 is uninstalled, would I be able to use RTE7.1 or RTE6.1. ?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,438 Views)
Please find my answers to your questions below:

I have not created any installer using LabVIEW application Builder that include the Run-Time engine, after I installed LV8 ( while the KB says 'One way this can occur is when creating installers using LabVIEW Application Builder that include the Run-Time Engine')
We have mainly seen this error when customers try to run/create installers which is what the KB is referring to. However this is by no mena the only case when the error may occur. So as a first troubleshooting step, I would repair LV 7.1.1 installation. Also the fact that example finder in LV 8.0 works fine leads me to think that the problem is not with the specific mahine/settings but with the specific software (LV 7.1.1)

KB-->"..This problem is most likely due to a corrupted or incomplete LabVIEW 7.1.1 Run-Time Engine installation.
Since the Run-Time Engine is needed to run LabVIEW executables, this installation will have to be repaired. "
When following the procedure to repair RTE7.1.1, it asks for CD (path for RTE7.1.1), which means again from the same CD. How could it be explained that it will repair itself when first time it was corrupted when installed from the same CD ?
Sometimes when using a software, the installed copy gets corrupted which is when repairing it using the original source is helpful.

After 'repairs' of TRE7.1.1 , or if RTE7.1.1 is uninstalled, would I be able to use RTE7.1 or RTE6.1. ?
Sure you would be.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,424 Views)