From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx virtual channel created in MAX, but not appearing in LabVIEW

Hello,

I have been struggling to find a solution for the past three days. I have a remote system set up and configured in MAX. I am also sure that it works since I am able to aquire and send test signals from MAX. I have also created virtual channels and DAQ-mx tasks for voltage inputs and outputs from MAX and saved the settings. Once I am in LabVIEW I am not able to see the virtual channels that I created in MAX. For some reason when I am in the DAQ Assistant, it does not show me a tab for the virtual channels that I have created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Leon P

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,621 Views)

Hi;

Are you able to see the global virtual channels with a DAQmx Global Channel?

You can also try this if you haven’t already:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4363A9766216C40886256E930070861D?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,578 Views)

I have the same problem (except I am reading out an SC-2345 RTD module). I can see the virtual channel for a vi created to run on the remote RT machine that the hardware is installed. But I cannot access the virtual channel from my local machine. MAX running on my local machine can however see the virtual channels on the remote machine.

Rick

Rick Foster
MIT Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,558 Views)

Well

I do not have an answer to either of you. But i do have one doubt.

If i understand correctly, the virtual channels are created for a remote target.  Are you trying to see the channels in DAQmx Assistant/ DAQmx virtual channel control in the RT target or on the PC?

I mean, is your vi on the remote target or on the PC?

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,544 Views)