LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx multi-channel data acquisition for Strain Gauge

Hello,

My name is Rohit and I am new to Labview. I need some help and guidance with the multichannel data acquisition for strain gauges. Here are the details :

I am using a NI cDAQ 9178 chassis and NI 9236 strain gauge module for quarter bridge to measure strain.

1. I am not able to acquire data using NI-DAQmx multi-channel data acquisition and not able to plot the graph for the second channel.
  2. These errors are generated when I run the VI with the error code: 50103 and 200279.
  3. The sample rate and sample mode are same for both the channels.
  4. I have attached the VI for reference.

Kind Regards,

Rohit 

email : jagtap.rohit712@gmail.com

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(764 Views)

Hi Rohit, 

The NI website has a great list of knowledge bases so normally searching for the LabVIEW error comes up with either a knowledge base or a forum thread. The two errors you had are separate from each other:

Error -50103 When Using NI-DAQmx With LabVIEW or in NI-MAX - NI - this one means you have opened a reference to the device or channel already and cannot use it until it is closed. 

Error -200279: Unable to Keep Up with Acquisition in DAQmx - NI - this relates to using the appropriate sample rate for your signal and what the DAQ module can do. 

I recommend using the NI MAX test panels to get an idea of whether you are acquiring the data correctly. There are also guides on how to get started with NI DAQ - DAQ Getting Started - NI . 

Many Thanks, 

Riley 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(711 Views)