LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx 19.0 installation issues - not appearing in pallets and cannot be found by applications

Hi Team,

Has anyone else had issues installing and using DAQmx 19?

I have LV15 (32-bit)*, 18 (32+64bit), 19 (64-bit) and then installed DAQmx 19.0 without error. However, now none of the ADEs are able to use the driver.

From MAX I can confirm I have:

• NI-DAQmx ADE Support 19.0
  • NI-DAQmx Device Driver 19.0
  • NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration 19.0

And the drivers were installed after the ADEs

I have already reinstalled the driver and have been through the following articles:

Can’t Find NI-DAQmx Functions after LabVIEW or NI-DAQmx Install

DAQmx Functions Doesn't Appear in LabVIEW Functions Palette

Upgrading or Downgrading LabVIEW with NI-DAQmx

*2015 isn't supported by 19.0, but it should still appear in the other LV versions.

Any thoughts? Known issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,914 Views)

There are three potential reasons i can think of:

1. During installation, you can uncheck options. Maybe the option to install the LV API was unchecked for whatever reason

2. It could be a user right conflict. Are you using the same user to install both LV and DAQmx? If not, has LV been installed for "this user only" which prevents the DAQmx installer to access LV because of missing access rights?

3. LV installation directories are write protected against the DAQmx installer

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,910 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for the quick reply!

1. The only thing that was unchecked was the Ethernet cDAQ Firmware option (unchecked by default)

2. Same Windows (10) user account
  3. I'm not changing the default directories and I haven't had any issues in the past with installing things to program files. Also, wouldn't this throw an error during installation?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,902 Views)