LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQmx 14.2 and Windows 7 embedded

Hello,
I try to install an application using labview 2014 with an acquisition device NI USB-6251 on a Windows 7 platform brand new embedded.

The problem is it seems the installer refuses to install DAQmx 14.2 on this machine, I just get the following messages:
(See the images below)
Whenever I confirm Insatallation to continue to the end.

When the PC is restarted, the NI USB-6251 device is not recognized either by windows or by MAX. (Not valid drivers)
I transferred the driver manually (nixsrkw.sys) of a PC that works with the device in the path I indicates the installer plug and play windows (Windows / system32 / drivers), without success! (No valid driver)

I tried several installer configuration, nothing happens, I have to wonder if NI DAQmx14.2 is compatible with Windows 7 Embedded ...

Thank you for helping me a bit if you have already encountered this kind of problem, I do not understand what blocks the installation of the USB driver.
Sorry for my poor English 🙂
Greetings to all.
Lionel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,272 Views)

Hi Lio_CH!

You need administrator rights to succesfully install the drivers. Did you run the DAQmx 14.2 as administrator? I'm not acquainted with windows 7 embedded. But in win7 you right click the .exe and choose run as administrator. Did you try this?

Best

Miello

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,238 Views)
Hello Miello,
Thank you for your answer, I just tried the "run as Admin ..." with the right button, with the same problem in the end.
It is true that this manipulation is not well documented in Windows 7.
I'll try the same installer with a machine running Windows XP embedded, I'll let you know.
If the installation succeeded this clearly show that the problem is on the Windows 7 side, otherwise the problem is in the application builder or modules ...
To be continued ...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,222 Views)
Test Report:
The same installer that is a problem on Windows 7 was launched on a PC XPe (mbeded) without any installation worries about it ...
There is a problem with windows 7 installed on my target machine.
I try windows update on this win7 before restarting (a new fois9 this installer.
Following the next issue ...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,211 Views)

Hi ,

I have a similar problem. Can you tell me if you were able to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Ram

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,967 Views)

Yes, i was always administrator on this machine, that's not the problem...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,731 Views)

No, I have not found a solution, yet after long sought and tried different solutions.
I ended up buying a Windows 7 pro license and installing it on this touchpad, the NI DAQMx libraries now work with this environment ...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,729 Views)