From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQ for USB-6008, LV 2012

Hello, I have a NI USB-6008 for which I want to create a VI with Labview 2012 for logging one channel at 0-2V from a current shunt. In the our previous version of Labview 2011 I was experimenting with DAQ Assistant which made the job easy, but in LV 2012 this doesn't seem to exist.

I was reading help files and I should be able to use NI-DAQmx but I can't seem to be able to find it. In NI Max I can see NI-DAQmx is there and can run  NI-DAQmx test panels on the USB-6008, but in LV 2012 I go to blank VI, block diagram, and I'm stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

LV 2012

Windows XP

NI USB-6008

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,822 Views)

Hi there,

Can you check if you have DAQmx functions in Measurement I/O > NI-DAQmx in the function palette?

1.png

If no, did you re-install the DAQmx device driver together with LabVIEW 2012?

And what is your DAQmx version you're currently using?

- Ee Lim -

See that button on the left side of this post...

If you feel my post is helpful, all you need is just (at most) 2 seconds to click that button, to show your appreciation. Thank you~~

Message 2 of 9
(2,805 Views)

I don't see the NI-DAQmx where yours is. What do you mean specifically when you ask - did you re-install the DAQmx device driver together with LabVIEW 2012? I believe it was installed with LV 2011 but not re-installed after LV 2012 was installed. The verson of NI-DAQmx is 9.8, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,762 Views)

You need to install DAQmx after installing LabVIEW.  Use the version of DAQmx that came with the newest version of LabVIEW.

Message 4 of 9
(2,752 Views)
You must install DAQmx after installing LabVIEW. You'll probably have to download a different version - one that is compatible with 2012.
Message 5 of 9
(2,751 Views)

Hi, I installed NI-DAQmx 9.4, still the same it is available in NI MAX, but can't find it in any palettte in LABVIEW 12. Is there anything else I can try? Here again is the setup:

Windows XP

Labview 11 and 12 base developement System and Appliocation Builder installed

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,710 Views)

Hello Doug,

NI-DAQmx 9.4 was released in August of 2011 and does not include support for LabVIEW 2012.  Refer to ni.com/downloads for an-up-to-date list of driver releases, you can find the DAQmx downloads here:

NI-DAQmx driver releases

http://www.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:3478.41.181.5495,s...

Regards,

Tom L.
Message 7 of 9
(2,708 Views)

That's why I said to use the version of the drivers that came with the latest version of LabVIEW which is at least 9.5.5 according to NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

Message 8 of 9
(2,705 Views)

Ok I completley re-installed LV 2012 and paid attention to what was being installed and .. Sucess! I can now avail of NI-DAQmx thanks everyone KUDOS for everybody!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,692 Views)