cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Cloud FPGA Compiler suddenly finds 0.01ns timing error

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning, all,

I've been building an cRIO 9067 FPGA application for months using the National Instruments cloud compile service.  I'm using LabVIEW 14.1. This morning, I rearranged the field order of one VI indicator, and submitted the compilation.  After 45 minutes, the compilation failed with the messages:

Path 1: Requirement 0.00ns missed by 0.01ns

Non-diagram component

Non-diagram component

This non-diagram component is required in the design. Internal name: /Eth2_gmii_to_rgmii/RGMII_RxDataInBus[2].RGMII_RxDataIn/Q2.

This non-diagram component is required in the design. Internal name: /Eth2_gmii_to_rgmii/rRxdToMAC_reg[6]/D.

I re-ran the compilation and it failed again, with the same error reports.

There's no help from the system on what is my app is causing this error.  I've googled these error messages, and have found other conversations in this forum, where the solution was essentially "reload the entire system".  I can't do that, because I'm using NI's cloud compile service.

Reading these error messages, I get the impression that they have to do with networking -- "ethernet," "rxd," "MAC,"  "datain" ?  My app does nothing like this in the FPGA code.

What hints can you offer me for overcoming this obstacle?

Thanks,

-- Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkBowles

In my experience, just re-running a compilation will result in very similar results.  Force a change in the top-level VI (delete and re-create a wire for example), save the VI and recompile.  This seems to have an effect on the starting seed of the compilation.  Based purely on my own experiences, but it may help.

Message 2 of 4
(2,014 Views)

Thanks, Intaris!  It occurred to me a few hours later that my local system did not rebuild the package it sent to the cloud compiler.  When I asked for a rebuild, the cloud status window immediately appeared.  I changed the meaningless initial value of a control and resubmitted, and the problem went away.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,996 Views)

If it's missing by 0.01ns you might also have some luck changing the compile settings to optimize for performance.

For projects that won't always compile successfully you can also try creating multiple build specs and just sending them all to the cloud. You only need one to compile successfully so if you're getting towards the end of development this might save some time over actually improving performance.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,986 Views)