LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9862 & CAN software installation problems

To start off I am extremely new to Labview and am inheriting another project a coworker made. My goal is to modify the original project to interface with the NI-9862 CAN module for some additional components we are adding to the system. How do I get the necessary VI's/ addins installed to actually start the process of programming and interfacing with CAN? 

I have no idea how to bring CAN blocks into the VI to even begin configuring them. The CAN module we ordered hasn't event arrived yet. So i'm not even asking how to connect to the module.

There is a complete absence of any mention of CAN inside of my Labview. Every piece of documentation I can find suggests that they should be included in the NI-DAQmx library and or the EtherCAT library. I have installed both of these but when I search through the available functions there is nothing related to CAN. The documentation itself isnt particularly helpful. 

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/09/software-support-for-compactrio--com...

Any advice is extremely welcome 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(724 Views)

Always the best place to start understanding any instrument is to go through the getting started guide and user manual. Then to understand how to control the instrument, explore the shipped examples.

Going by NI-9862 getting started guide, you need to install XNET drivers to get the APIs to use the device and neither DAQmx nor EtherCAT. If you use other instruments in your cRIO/cDAQ, you need respective drivers.

santo_13_0-1641939430105.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(718 Views)