LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9853 timestamp

Hi,

I have a cRIO with a NI 9853 CAN module.  I have been logging data and would like to also log the timestamp associated to each frame I log.  I have read that bytes 0 and 1 are the high and low timestamps and that together they make up one complete timestamp.  How exactly would I be able to log this?  I have tried using the frame to channel conversion vi but I'm not sure that the timestamps are in hex to begin with.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,969 Views)

Hi SRamirez

Are you using the CAN drivers or the XNET drivers? To which function are you referring when you say that bytes 0 and 1 are the high and low timestamps?

Could you post more information and/or some screen shoot that might help us to understand the problem?

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,929 Views)

Sorry for the late response.  I am not using the CAN drivers or XNET drivers.  I am using a cRIO with a NI 9853 CAN module.  I feed data in through it and the FPGA reads in the data as a U32 array of 6 elements with the first two being that of the high and low timestamps.  I am then using the Frame to Channel conversion VI's to convert to channels and log according to message ID.  What I would like to do is have the corresponding timestamp for when I log also be logged.  I need it for post processing of the data on a time basis.  I hope that clarified things.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,898 Views)

Hi SRamirez

Could you post some screen shoot of the code or the VIs that might help us to understand the problem?

Regards

Esteban R

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,874 Views)

Hi Ramirez,

in the same "FrameToChannel conversion kit" you will find VIs to convert those two U32 values to "nice" timestamps. Just use them...

(There also exist VIs to convert from timestamp back to U32, if you also need to send CAN data...)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,866 Views)