LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9512 "Time Synchronization Error" Fault Code 32

Hello,

I am attempting to implement control code for the NI 9512 motion module on my cRIO 9074 on board FPGA.  I believe I have all the settings correct in order to operate in FPGA interface mode and I am able to read values from my module while in safe mode.  The trouble is whenever I attempt to switch my module from configuration mode to active mode I receive module fault 32 which forces the module into safe mode and I it will not let me switch back to configuration mode without restarting my VI. 

My FPGA VI simply controls the state of the 9512 in one loop and reacts to the current state in a second loop.  I can not determine what might be causing this fault or why I can't change states once it is triggered. 

Here are some snippets of my code:

Module State Control

This loop simply controls the 9512 module state.  When the update state Boolean control is false it simply iterates through an empty case.

Module Interface loopThis is the loop that actually writes information to the module.  The inserted diagram shows the possible module state transitions for reference (I have also attached the image for easier viewing).

The image above is currently showing the configure state which simply controls module settings.  The initialize state remains empty because no settings can be changed while the module is in initialization mode.  I also combine the active and fault (safe mode) cases which simply write to the FPGA write buffer scan values to module and then read the updated values.

Any input would be greatly appreciated I've been hitting my head against a wall trying to get this thing to work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,407 Views)

Hi Nick,

I saw that you are working with an Application Engineer through our Support Service. Feel free to post back with updates.

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,355 Views)

Hello,

I have exact the same problem with my NI 9512 module. Was this problem solved somehow? If yes, please share some tip how to make it work. How to solve this problem with time synchronization fault. I wondered, if I need to update firmware on my NI 9512, but I can not even make this done. Everything is set according to guide, but Firmware update utility doesn't respond.

Thank You for any answer.

Firmware updateFirmware update

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,917 Views)