LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9403 seems to prevent FPGA compilation

Hi together,

we use 3x NI-9145 EtherCAT expansion chassis. Each has following C-Modules: 1x NI-401, 2x NI-9215, 1x NI-9237. One of the three also has a NI-9403 C-Module.

The same FPGA code is to be compiled on each chassis. Only the NI-9401 ist "layed" on the FPGA, the other modules remain in Scan mode.

Now, the FPGA compilation fails on the one chassis where the NI-9403 is placed. If we remove this module, compilation works. If we place it into another chassis, then the compilation fails there. It seems that whenever this module is present, the compilation for some reason does not work.

Any suggestions here?

Best thanks

Lysandros

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,266 Views)

This might be a problem for NI Support.

Does the compile work if the NI 9403 is not in scan mode? If so you could workaround by writing your own scanning protocol on the FPGA.

CLA - Kudos is how we show our appreciation for comments that helped us!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,242 Views)

What's the error message? Can you give any more details.

Although this information isn't particularly useful, I'm using a 9403 (in FPGA, not Scan or DAQmx mode) with a cRIO-9045 and have no problems. I haven't tried Scan mode.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,240 Views)

The compilation does not work, whether the NI-9403 is in scan mode or not.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,228 Views)

The error is, that there is not enough memory. I will try to compile again and check the Xilinx log.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,227 Views)

You might (especially after looking at the Xilinx log) find this link useful: Interpreting Common Xilinx Compilation Errors in the LabVIEW FPGA Module.

Also, it wasn't initially obvious to me (although perhaps it should be) that Scan Mode I/O modules still have compiled code to the FPGA (unlike DAQmx mode, which doesn't help you with the 9145 as far as I can see). A bunch of details are available here: Understanding NI CompactRIO Scan Mode. This KB has a nice image: Using CompactRIO with the NI-DAQmx API.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,220 Views)