cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9269

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to use NI 9269 for sine wave voltage generation. I can very well do it with one channel. Can I stack the channels for generating higher voltage? The specs says it can reach 40V with stacking of all 4 channels . It works with DC voltage. but not sure if it should work with AC voltage.(the channels may not be in sync?)

Also want to generate more current as a separate project. For generating more current, the manual asks for parallel connection for getting upto 20mA.. Is it true for AC current?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,106 Views)

Hi maccapple,

@maccapple wrote:

Can I stack the channels for generating higher voltage? The specs says it can reach 40V with stacking of all 4 channels .

When the manual says you can stack the channels then you can do that!

@maccapple wrote:

It works with DC voltage. but not sure if it should work with AC voltage.(the channels may not be in sync?)

What is your definition of "AC voltage"? Each channel can output ±10V and you can stack them…

(Keep in mind the specs for slewrate and settling times when you want to output higher frequency signals.)

@maccapple wrote:

Also want to generate more current as a separate project. For generating more current, the manual asks for parallel connection for getting upto 20mA.. Is it true for AC current?

You cannot control the current sourced by this module: do you want to do so?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,100 Views)

Thanks GerdW,

Probably I did not clarify it in the previous post. Let me be specific.

I want to generate up to 40V AC/60Hz. Stacked all 4 channels . This works perfect if I apply DC output from the module. When I switch to AC output from DC output, with everything else remaining the same, the output voltage does not increase. It actually decreases. I suspect the ac output from each channel may be out of sync with respect to each other.

Regarding the second topic of current output, whatever voltage I apply, the max current can be only 10 ma. What I read in the documents is, I can increase the current output to 20mA max by connecting the output voltages of individual channels in parallel. I never tried this but if I want to get output voltage at 60 Hz, even this might not work ,if the channel outputs are out of sync.

I don't have oscilloscope to confirm.

Hope this makes it clear.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,080 Views)

Hi maccapple,

@maccapple wrote:

I want to generate up to 40V AC/60Hz. Stacked all 4 channels . This works perfect if I apply DC output from the module. When I switch to AC output from DC output, with everything else remaining the same, the output voltage does not increase.

I don't see any "DC / AC switch" in the manual/datasheet.

So what are you talking about?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,061 Views)

Please see the picture on the left side

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,053 Views)

I just got oscilloscope and interestingly what I noticed is, the channels are perfectly in sync but if I connect negative of channel 0 to positive of channel 1, then channel 1 waveform drops to zero.Channel 0 still continues to output desired waveform

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,980 Views)

Hi maccapple,

what happens when you don't switch to AC mode, but stay in DC mode?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,975 Views)

DC mode works as expected, adding the voltages to max 40V

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,967 Views)

So your problem is solved!?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,963 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maccapple

My problem was limited to AC only .but now I am able to get 40V AC as well.😀 Unfortunately I could not make out what was wrong before.😡 

Anyway thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,956 Views)