LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9264 and NI cDAQ9178 triggering

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to trigger the output of the NI 9264 from the PFI 0 of the NI cDAQ9178? When I try I get the following error.

Error Capture.PNG

This is my basic code.

Snippet.png

Thanks in advance.......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,056 Views)

Hi Heyou,

what kind of trigger do you want to use?

What do you want to achieve with a "Reference Digital Edge" trigger? According to the LabVIEW help the reference triggers apply to input tasks: you use an AO module instead!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,026 Views)

Good Morning,

I am seeking to cause the output of the 9264 to start specifically when another voltage goes low 4 volts to 0 volts "falling edge".

-Heyou

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,019 Views)

Hi Heyou,

I hope I understood you correctly.

You could use the DAQmx-Trigger VI, select Analog Window and the Trigger Source (APFI...) you want to use. You can then configure your top and bottom window and select "Leaving Window".

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Julika

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,014 Views)

Hi Heyou,

to cause the output of the 9264 to start specifically when another voltage goes low 4 volts to 0 volts "falling edge".

So you want to use a StartTrigger with an Analog input set to look for a certain level at falling edges!

You need to configure the DAQmxTrigger function correctly!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,010 Views)

@Julika wrote:

Hi Heyou,

I hope I understood you correctly.

You could use the DAQmx-Trigger VI, select Analog Window and the Trigger Source (APFI...) you want to use. You can then configure your top and bottom window and select "Leaving Window".

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Julika

So where is the APFI?  Can PFI 0 on the cDAQ 9178 be used for this?

Thanks for the help.

-Heyou

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,998 Views)

Hi Heyou,

I think you may want to look into using an Analog Input task to trigger from the PFI line. You can then have your Analog Output task start at the same time as that triggered Analog Input.

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,978 Views)

@MichaelB123 wrote:

Hi Heyou,

I think you may want to look into using an Analog Input task to trigger from the PFI line. You can then have your Analog Output task start at the same time as that triggered Analog Input.

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

Good morning Michael,

A newbie question with a perhaps an obvious answer. Would that require an analog input module?

-Heyou

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,966 Views)

Hi Heyou,

You can use any module which has input capabilities. You can use an analog or digital input module, or a multi-function I/O module or a digital I/O module.

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,954 Views)

Ok. I have an NI 9403 Bidirectional TTL input. What do I select as the trigger source? for the Reference Digital Edge?

Tigger source.png

-Heyou

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,947 Views)