LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9263 Calibration

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to calibrate a few NI 9263 modules but am having a hard time. I have a labVIEW program that is working fine for setting the output and for reading and logging the data from a DMM. I am having a hard time adjusting the calibration constants though. I have attached the instructions. I am trying to follow this the best that I can but am having a hard time understanding. I wrote a program for adjusting the constants and it is attached. I am getting an array of adjustment points from a DAQmx VI. From there I am trying to use the "Setup 9263 calibration" VI. It is asking for a DAQ value which from what I understand should come from the adjustment points array. Afterwards I am actually inputting the DMM measurement to adjust the calibration. I am having a hard time knowing what I should be entering into the DAC value box. Any insight on what I should be entering here would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,579 Views)

If I understand the help correctly on the 'Setup 9263 Calibration' VI, you need to sweep the adjustment points that you got from the 'adjustment points' vi. You can send these values to the vi one at a time using a for loop. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,563 Views)

Could I get you to save a previous version of your VI? I am using 2017. I did see that it said to sweep the adjustment points. I just wasn't sure what that meant. I will take a look at your VI when you have a chance to repost to see if it makes sense then.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,560 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,556 Views)

That makes a lot more sense. Thank you for your help on this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,542 Views)

When running the program like this, it is giving me an error when I go to close the calibration. It is saying that I am only entering a single adjustment point instead of the 51 that it asks for. I'm not sure exactly what the problem would be. Would the "Adjust Calibration" Vi need to be in a for loop that does as many loops as the size of the adjustment points array? Not sure if you've ever dealt with this before or not.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cannon_Controls

I haven't ever dealt with one of these cards but after re-reading the calibration instructions I think you are right and the adjust calibration needs to be inside the for loop as well. Try the attached and see if it works. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,456 Views)

That did work great. Thank you for your help on this.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,411 Views)