LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9225 in house calibration?

The VI you have linked is not the same you used on the screenshot. It links to the get cal point polymorphic VI which returns 51 elements for the NI 9229. My question is the same. Do I have to set each voltages on my voltage reference and run the adjust cal VI for each 51 voltages? (per channel)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(960 Views)

That was my mistake - I had two similar tabs open and linked the wrong one. This is the one I meant to link to. You do not need to set every point. 

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(954 Views)

Ok. So are you saying that I connect my calibrator to the channel, set a voltage (guess getting closer to the max range is the better), feed this voltage to the VI on the screenshot and running it will calibrate my unit? Is that sufficient? I know NI does at least 5 or 7 point calibration so check the module on one point seems a little bit too simple.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(950 Views)

And what is the purpose of the get cal points VI? Should I pick one voltage from the list and just use it? Again thats seems quite odd, because then I would be able to calibrate an NI 9225 (+-300V) with a cal point at 10V.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(948 Views)

Hi,

The Get Calibration Adjustment Points function will return an array of values, and the Adjust Calibration function needs to be called for each of those values. Since you have a 9229 as well, its Calibration Procedure has a more detailed explanation of how these functions need to be called. Here's a VI that should help as a guide for what the procedure is describing, and it should be similar to what you need to do for the 9225.

9229Calibration.png

The reference input value for the adjustment function should be an adjustment point from the array, and it should correspond to the actual value currently being output by the calibrator.

Cristina
Message 15 of 17
(925 Views)

According to the document you have linked for an NI 9229 I also need an NI 4461 for the flatness, gain and phase checks. Why the verification of the NI 9225 and 9229 is that different? I assume they are very similar devices in terms of the functionality and while I need only a fluke5500 for the NI 9225 it seems I have to perform hell lot more on the NI 9229

The screenshot you attached makes a lot of sense, and it is quite easy to perform. But I assume we need to check if the adjustment happened properly so we need to apply the verification steps. Is this correct?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(909 Views)

The procedures for the 9225 and 9229 should be quite similar. I have attached an updated calibration procedure for the 9225 which should make things more clear.   Regarding your second question, yes, you should perform a verification step after adjustment to validate to ensure that the device is within specifications.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cristina
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(888 Views)