cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9225 and NI-9227 Powermeter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys,

I'm new to labview so i'm still not verty familiarized with all the functions of the software. Right now i'm having troubles measuring Voltage and Current in a Crio-9074.

I have the 9225 and 9227 modules, i know they are for measuring voltage and current respectively but i just cant find a way to interpret the measurement, i tried connecting them directly to a waveform chart (since they throw out a double type output) but it stays in 0, i already measured the voltage of the inputs with a multimeter and there is voltage on the terminals.

I'm actually programming in Scan Mode, i dont know if this has to be done on FPGA Mode, i havent been able to find examples regarding my problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joseguzb

the scan engine default is at 10ms (~2 data per cycle for 50/60Hz), you probably want to reduce it to get a better sample of the waveform. 

can consider using a producer-consumer, timed loop as producer, read from 9225/7 to enqueue, queue element being 1D array of double, dequeue in consumer with circular buffer array (fixed size) for further processings (rms, etc).

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,774 Views)

Thank you CY, now i was able to reed the voltage values coming from the 9225, the problem is that i have readings of 160v, while i only have 120V AC connected. I already tried with a DC source and it measures the voltage correctly, do you know any particular reason why i might have faulty readings for the AC. i already checked the voltaje on the terminals of the module and there are indeed 120v. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,761 Views)

Try to check if you are measuring peak or rms, for the amplitude?

Also check if the sampling rate is sufficient.

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,756 Views)

Yes i totally forgot about RMS, now im getting the desired value, i just have to work with it, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,753 Views)

Glad you got it working, have a great day ahead

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,751 Views)