LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9214 on cRIO 9014

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a Windows 10 laptop and I'm trying to acquire data from a NI 9214 thermocouple module with a cRIO 9014, connected with Ethernet cable. 

I have already installed Labview 2015 on the cRIO and correctly connected. 

I am also able to read temperature data from the thermocouples by means of NI Distributer System Manager.

The problem is that I cannot view the module under the Chassis in the Project Explorer and I cannot add my channels blocks on my VI.

How can I solve it?

If I go on Properties on the Chassis it shows me an "Unexpected Error".

I've already formatted the cRIO and installed Labview again several times.

Thank you very much in advance,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,454 Views)

What happens if you right-click on the cRIO and choose new->C-Series Modules.  Will it detect anything here?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,439 Views)

If I choose "new" there is no " C-Series Modules".

I also tryed to click on "new" --> "FPGA Target" but nothing happens.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,435 Views)

The main problem is that, when I select New target and devices ---> cRIO , the window "Select Programming Mode" does not appear and I can not select "Scan Interface" and the use of C Series Modules.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,424 Views)

Stupid question here: are you sure the chassis is connected to the controller?  Because it sounds like the chassis is not being detected.

And what software do you currently have loaded onto the cRIO controller?  A screen shot of MAX with everything from the cRIO expanded would tell me what I am looking for here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,416 Views)

It sounds like things can be seen and are connected right if they can see things in DSM.

Is the RT Module installed?  You mentioned LV and the cRIO drivers.  But, that doesn't mean you have RT or FPGA installed.  You wouldn't need FPGA.  But, you certainly need the RT Module to get the functionality you want from the project.

Message 6 of 14
(4,407 Views)

This is the software installed on my cRIO. (I've installed everything was available).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,388 Views)

How can I understand if the RT Module is installed yet? And how can I install it in case it is not installed yet?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,387 Views)

@lorenzo26 wrote:

How can I understand if the RT Module is installed yet? And how can I install it in case it is not installed yet?

The simplest way would be to just try to install LabVIEW RT.  It will not install again if it is already installed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 14
(4,370 Views)

The RT Module was not installed. Now I've solved the problem! 

Thank you very much everybody for your kind help! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,352 Views)