From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9206 not recognized by system

I use an NI 9206 card to read analog voltage data from pressure transducers. A few weeks ago, this card suddenly stopped being recognized by LabView. I've tried moving it into another slot on my chassis, but it still won't work. I looked at it in MAX and it says that it's disconnected even though it's in its slot. My other 6 cards work fine. What can I do?
Message Edited by pkeros on 09-23-2009 10:31 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,586 Views)

If it suddenly stopped working without you changing any settings, that sounds like hardware failure.

See if you can have an NI engineer come take a look at it / mail it out to them.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,574 Views)

Hello!

Thank you for posting to the NI Forums! Because your other cards are working, it does stand to reason that there could be a problem with this particular card. 

A couple of questions though:

1. Is the card recognized in your system's Device Manager under Data Acquisition devices? Is there any symbol other than the NI logo next to the card such as a yellow exclamation point?

2. Have you installed anything new to your system lately that could have affected the driver? This is not likely as your other cards are working.

If your card is not recognized in Device Manager and your DAQmx driver is up to date, then I would recommend calling into NI and asking about returning the device for repair/replacement depending on what your warranty allows.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day!

Regards,
Margaret Barrett
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Digital Multimeters and LCR Meters
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,554 Views)