cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9205 fpga digital output

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Gang,

The hardware people left me with needing to toggle the DO0 output of the NI 9205.  I've looked hard, but haven't found anywhere where the PFIO and/or DO0 pin functionality is described.  The I/O part of the application is written using FPGA mode.  I'd sure like to be able to control that bit from LabVIEW.

All replies will be welcome!

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,238 Views)

If you expand the device in your project there should be the pin shown.  Drag this to your VI and you'll have write access.  Using Scan Mode this way does use 2 FIFOs though, if you have other FPGA code you might not have them available.  The only option then is to put DO0 control in the FPGA code.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372596b.pdf has a good explaination of it.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,236 Views)

Are you sure it is the NI 9205. The NI 9205 is a crio Analog input card. It does not have any DIO.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/208800

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,231 Views)

It's not listed in that overview of the device, but the NI 9205 does have DO0 and PFIO pins.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,228 Views)

You are right. I missed them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,223 Views)

Hi Again,

Part of the mystery is that in the FPGA node DO0 (Read: Digital Output 0) can only be configured as an input (Go Figure).  The only other boolean item is labeled DIO (I suppose that is the pin labeled FPIO)  Which can only be configured as an output (Go Figure some more).  Toggling the DO0 does not affect the DIO, which is always high.

I've experimented with method nodes and can't find any way to change the read/write direction.  NI's 9205 FPGA example shows it wired the way I have it, but I'll be darned if I know what it does.  Methinks this a bug on NI's part.  

Uggh, I hope we don't have to redesign the hardware because of this.

All help appreciated,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RogerMont

Okay,

I'm embarrased!

I had inputs and outputs bass-ackward in my head.  I took a DVM to the pin.

All is well, except, perhaps, my brain!Smiley Happy

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,205 Views)