From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-6583 adapter module not recognized by MAX and LabView

I have been using PXI-e 1073 and 7962R FPGA module with the adapter module NI-6583 with LabView 2011.
I have upgraded to LabView 2013. I have uninstalled LabView 2011 and installed LabView 2013.

I have installed the following:
1.       LabView 2013
2.       NI Device Drivers Aug 2013
3.       NI PXI Platform Services 3.2.3
4.       NI RIO 13.0
5.       NI FlexRIO Adapter  Module Support 3.4

MAX recognized NI PXIe-1073 and 7962R but not the adapter module NI-6583.

Is there anything else I need to install to be able to see NI-6583?
I am using Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,499 Views)

NOTE: You should install Application Development Environments, such as NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows/CVI or Microsoft Visual Studio®, before installing NI FlexRIO Adapter Module Support. To add support for Application Development Environments installed after installing NI FlexRIO Adapter Module Support, modify your installation or launch the NI FlexRIO Adapter Module Support installer again. 

Lets see what happens if I shake the 8-Ball, Sometimes it works
~~~~~~~~Oh 8-Ball ~~~~~~~~

Did the OP upgrade LabVIEW after driver installation such that support for LabVIEW 2013 and the latest MAX were not installed?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,489 Views)

I have made a clean installation of LabView 2013 first and installed the other drivers after that in the order listed

MAX version is 5.5

NI FlexRIO Adapter  Module Support 3.4 instructions say it supports LabView 2013

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,482 Views)

FlexRIO Adapter Modules won't show up in MAX.  

Instead, to determine if the correct module is installed, open a 6583 example (search for 6583 in the example finder), right click on the IO module in the project, select Properties, then Status.  

This should tell you whether or not you have the correct module installed on that RIO device. 

Thanks! 

National Instruments
FlexRIO & R-Series Product Support Engineer
Message 4 of 7
(3,468 Views)

@SMO33 wrote:

I have made a clean installation of LabView 2013 first and installed the other drivers after that in the order listed

MAX version is 5.5

NI FlexRIO Adapter  Module Support 3.4 instructions say it supports LabView 2013

That sounds like you are set up right then.  Time to use that SSP and invite a tech rep to look into your configuration.  It's possible someone botched a build (does not happen often)  but a lot of those downloads are really new.

EDIT: Or an AE may show up and explain.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,462 Views)

Yes, the adapter module doesn't show up in MAX version 5.5 and LabView 2013. This is different from the previous MAX version and LabView 2011 where I was able to see the adapter module.

I also needed to install the stand alone 2013 FPGA module and Xilinx tools.

I was able to access the adapter module from LabView.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,429 Views)

Hi SMO33,

I don't believe this is behavior that is specific to a version of MAX.  Page 8 of the NI FlexRIO FPGA Module Installation Guide and Specifications (linked to below) states that "MAX only recognizes which FPGA modules are in the chassis. Your adapter module will not appear in MAX." 

NI FlexRIO FPGA Module Installation Guide and Specifications

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373047b.pdf

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,411 Views)