cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-488: Nonexistent GPIB interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am trying to write a program that receives serial data from a FTDI usb-serial port (Arduino). The labview vi takes the data, checks to make sure it started receiving at the front of the stream, parses it, manipulates it, and then stores it. When I compile my vi, I get a successful build, but I receive the attached error screen when the program tries to run independently as a .exe. I have attached the .exe and the LabView vi as well. Additionally, the program doesn't seem to be creating a text file to save either, but that's another story for another day.

Thanks so much everyone.

-Robert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(11,160 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cheeng

You did not attach the message but I'm sure it's error 7 and it is telling you 'File Not Found'. Don't you see the text 'Possible reason(s):' ? Note the plural. The first possible reason would certainly be related to your program not creating the file, don't you think?

There have been numerous discussions about how the path to a VI is different when you build an exe. See this kb article.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(11,156 Views)

The kb article you sent helped immensely. It turns out the only problem was that I stripped the file path once instead of twice.

Thanks for your time,

Robert

Message 3 of 3
(11,142 Views)