LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-488: Nonexistent GPIB interface. During Application Build in LV8.5

Solved!
Go to solution

Attached is a vi that I'm trying to build into an exe.  It's contains only a single LED, but every time I try to build it I get the following error...

-----------------------------
Error 7 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Method Name: Build:Application
-------------------------------

I have seen others with this problem, and I have tried their solutions.  I have shut down labview, created a new project, new vi...no luck.  I can build it on another box, but not mine.  It points to a configuration problem, but I can't find it.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,852 Views)

First, your issue is not an NI-488 error.  That is a secondary error message because GPIB errors happen to share the same error codes with other LabVIEW errors.  I'm sure your error happens to be the File not Found error.

Where is your project located in your file system that you are trying to build?  Is it located very deep and you might be exceeding a 260 character limit?  Look at this thread.

What operating system are you using?

Also, give a Kudoes to this idea Better error descriptions for Application Builder

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,846 Views)

I'm using Windows XP.  It only has 20 charaters in the path.  X:\xxx\xxx-xxxx\xxxx

Here's a odd tidbit.  The day before I was able to build apps.  To do that I reinstalled LV8.5.  It worked for a day, then quit.  At first I thought that my virus scanner was removing a file.  I checked the logs and vault and found nothing.

How can I find what file is missing?  Is there a detailed build log somewhere?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,838 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gssri

I just figured it out...While trying to think of everything that was different from when it worked to now...I realized that I turned off my firewall during the install!  I verified this by turning it off and now the application will build.

Thanks for the help Ravens Fan and I did give a kudos to your post about the application builder error codes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,834 Views)

I just figured it out...While trying to think of everything that was different from when it worked to now...I realized that I turned off my firewall during the install!  I verified this by turning it off and now the application will build.

Thanks for the help Ravens Fan and I did give a kudos to your post about the application builder error codes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,833 Views)

Awesome job! 

Nancy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,427 Views)