cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHR DC Load drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

@BillPadilla wrote:

The name in the System Configuration needs to match up with name in the Resource Name.

Well I'll be damned that worked!

Now why couldn't NHR tell me this?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,090 Views)

When setting up my DC loads, one was called DC Load 1 and the other was DC Load 2. When you look in the file selection in System Configuration, it will have the files listed for configuration. I select on of those and make it the default. DC Load 1 comes as a default name when configuring the load. That same name would use in the Resource name in the Labview code. I did not use NI-MAX, at all. When I was first trying to get this going the person at NI Research stepped me through the process on the phone. I had an example I was looking at they wrote. He told me to just copy the Resource Name for it and put it in my program. There code seems to bypass anything like NI-Max VISA. I cannot see my NHR4760 in NI-Max. For the picture of the System Configuration below for the loads on the right. I would try AC Load 1 or NHR4760 for the Resource Name, depending on if you want to use the AC load or the DC load. If I can attach a PDF file, I will try and fined the file that the rep from NH Research sent me on setting up the loads. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,081 Views)

@BillPadilla wrote:

When setting up my DC loads, one was called DC Load 1 and the other was DC Load 2. When you look in the file selection in System Configuration, it will have the files listed for configuration. I select on of those and make it the default. DC Load 1 comes as a default name when configuring the load. That same name would use in the Resource name in the Labview code. I did not use NI-MAX, at all. When I was first trying to get this going the person at NI Research stepped me through the process on the phone. I had an example I was looking at they wrote. He told me to just copy the Resource Name for it and put it in my program. There code seems to bypass anything like NI-Max VISA. I cannot see my NHR4760 in NI-Max. For the picture of the System Configuration below for the loads on the right. I would try AC Load 1 or NHR4760 for the Resource Name, depending on if you want to use the AC load or the DC load. If I can attach a PDF file, I will try and fined the file that the rep from NH Research sent me on setting up the loads. 

Yes, our 4600 series AC loads use NHR's proprietary Serial over Ethernet communications, so I am familiar with that process.

It would appear that NHR finally discovered industry standards!

As the new 4760 DC loads we just bought are actually LXI compliant so they do show up in NI-Max.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,055 Views)

I'm working with their drivers but looks like I'm missing this:  nhrdpowermodule.dll

NHR hasn't been responsive.  Does anyone happen to have this?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(648 Views)

NHR is the worst... I was expecting things to get better when they were bought by NI a couple years ago, but that has not happened.

Anyway did you install all the th NHR software? That should install and register the DLL. 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(633 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

NHR is the worst... I was expecting things to get better when they were bought by NI a couple years ago, but that has not happened.

Anyway did you install all the th NHR software? That should install and register the DLL. 

I guess the NHR tech team is still the same, may be only the organization have changed. Logically, rewriting everything just because the product is owned by a new company doesn't make sense business wise.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(627 Views)

Unfortunately I was only able to get my hands on a zip file of VIs from my colleague. Going to see if I can trace down the installer. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(624 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

I guess the NHR tech team is still the same, may be only the organization have changed. Logically, rewriting everything just because the product is owned by a new company doesn't make sense business wise.

I get that, but if you ever worked with NHR products their LabVIEW support was really bad and that's the part I expected to improve.

Instead they just declared those products obsolete and abandoned them. 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(610 Views)

@njaynear5 wrote:

Unfortunately I was only able to get my hands on a zip file of VIs from my colleague. Going to see if I can trace down the installer. 

BTW: If you plan on compiling and distributing an executable like for a production ATE.

You will need to install all of the NHR software on the target computer and run the NHR "System Configurator". 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(607 Views)

Can you share the LabVIEW drivers and NHR software?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(529 Views)