From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHR 4600 AC Load with Labview

I am trying to control the NHR 4600 AC Load with LabView and am getting the error shown in the attachment.  This is just the sample that comes with the LabView drivers but I am getting the error in any program I run when trying to control it.  When I run the program the NHR AC Load Panel pop up does come up indicating that it is communicating with the load.  Does anyone know a possible solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,063 Views)

Unknown Resource.

Do you have a Com6 in your system?  Do you see it in Device Manager?  Do you see it in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)?

I see a weird architecture in your VI.  Many of your  subVI's are set to run in parallel because you T'ed them off of the VISA and error wires rather than run them in series where you pass the wires through like you did in two locations.    Are you are sure that is what you really want?  You have no control over which subVI runs first.  And I don't know how they are designed internally, but they might be stepping all over each other and confusing commands and responses.  Usually communication with SERIAL devices is intended to be done in SERIES.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,051 Views)

Thanks for the response.  

Yes I do see this COM port in all of these things.  I am using a USB to serial connector which is creating a virtual COM port.  As far as the devices being in parallel, this is just the sample program provided within the drivers for the device.  I didn't make any changes to it.  However, when I try to make my own VIs and I do connect the subVI's in series I get the same error.  This is the only sample provided by the drivers for the device and I am unsure why they connected the subVI's in the way they did.  Could it be that the subVI's themselves have errors?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,047 Views)

The problem is in the first VI since the message says "Initialize ....".  The error dialog probably popped up after the error went in the Set Enabled.VI, and it passed the message out of its Error Out which was unwired and thus unhandled.

Look inside of Initialize.

Yeah, that is a pretty crappy example they put out there, but it doesn't surprise me as many driver examples are hastily put together by someone with minimal LabVIEW experience just to get the product at the door.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,039 Views)