From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET date picker object is not working on executable (URGENT)

I've created a program to save a new staff particulars. The problem I have is when I'm entering the hired date (which is the system date) for the staff, it shows up as "1/1/1904" when running it as an executable. It works normally when running as a normal vi. Can anyone help me please? It's urgent as this is my last day of intern at my company doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,204 Views)

It would be easier to help, if you shared all necessery files. Zip the whole project, and attach it. I cannot even run your VI since it is broken due to missing typdefs...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,151 Views)

My bad. Here's all of the necessary files

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,145 Views)

I wonder how do you create the EXE? You do not have any project in the zip...

Why do you need to use .NET DateTimePicker? You could just use a simple Timestamp control...

edit: and put your Date_Time control into an Event case, so if the user changes the date/time, it fires the Event case, and you update the indicator.

As I see you have also many bad design desicions in this code, possible race conditions (you use an indicator as data storage for example...)

Message 4 of 7
(3,141 Views)

Apologies. You can try compile the single vi as an executable.

I have tried using the standard LabVIEW timestamp control beforehand but it still gave me the same result.

As for using indicators for data storage, I only need the data when the user hit save and it will be stored to the database (Access file) with SQL queries

I did not have any training or whatsoever in LabVIEW. It was 100% self-learnt.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,129 Views)
When you run your app as an exe, the default time value (1904) will appear in your time/date string indicator after executio. If you put this date control and associate with an Event case, it should fix the problem i guess...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,117 Views)

There are several bugs in the VI:

• cannot add new user, always get a msg: "User already exist"
  • there is no way to exit and close the application, i had to kill whole LabVIEW from task manager...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,103 Views)