LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET POP3Message Attachment

I am trying to access an email attachment using .NET in LabVIEW.  I've been able to get as far as receiving the emails as type Pop3Message, but I can't figure out how to access the attachments within the messages.  There is a GetAttachedContents method that can be invoked to pull the contents (and attachments) from the email, but I can't figure out to invoke it.  I have the inContents parameter, but I can't figure out what to do with the inPredicate parameter.  (see example VI).  If anyone can offer some assistance I'd be grateful!

This is the code I need to implement: 

public static List<Pop3Content> GetAttachedContents(List<Pop3Content> inContents, Predicate<Pop3Content> inPredicate)

Pop3Message mg = ....;//get Pop3Message object with Pop3Client class

List<Pop3Content> contentList = Pop3Message.GetAttachedContents(mg.Contents, c => c.IsAttachment == true);

Int32 AttachmentCount = contentList.Count;

for (int i=0; i<contentList.Count; i++)
{

contentList[i].DecodeData("your file path");

}

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,783 Views)

You appear to be using a private assembly. The GetAttachedContents method is a static method. As such you would not wire in a class to the Invoke node. You can wire in an error cluster, but the "reference" input should be left disconnected. Other than that I can't really provide any more information since you are using a private assembly, and have provided no documentation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,772 Views)

Hi smercurio,

I think I'm close - it's all part of the higuchi.mail library.  What I can't figure out is how to create the predicate object necessary to pass into the GetContents method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,767 Views)

This is what I have so far.  The only thing I don't understand is what should be wired into the InPredicate input.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,765 Views)

Hello.

Any luck in finding a solution for your problem?

I have a similar situation and need to retrieve an attachement as well from the email.

No documentation on the dll website is provided for that case..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,743 Views)

Ammouri,

I'm not sure this will help, but here is some information on the inPredicate function microsoft calls.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd174479.aspx

Daniel

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,722 Views)

Thank you Daniel for you effort but this is not what I wanted. rwyost was trying to figure out what the inPredicate does and I have no clue on how to use the .Net classes.

I was trying to see whether he was able to get the attachement from the email or not. Sorry for that man, I should have mentioned that I am a newbie when it somes to .Net.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,715 Views)