From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Error 1172 - Where's the property?

Solved!
Go to solution

.Working in LabVIEW 2015SP1. The following knowledge base says that if I receive a an error code 1172 then I can pull a more detailed message from ".NET Exception Message property" (MSDN). 

I browse to System (4.0.0) within my available .NET assemblies but I can't find the correct class. Image attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,320 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author craige

Thanks for bringing this up. I did some research and there's actually a typo in the KB: 

"In LabVIEW 8.0 and later, more information can be added to the error messages..." should read "In LabVIEW 8.0, more information was added to the error messages..." 

So, the information is already added to the error message automatically, and you should already be receiving the full code. Sorry for the confusion on that. I will update the KB article to avoid any future confusion!

Francine P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,269 Views)

Just to add to francine's reply; the "source" element of the error cluster is highly verbose and contains the content of the exception that was thrown (copied from the exception's Message property which you cannot access in LabVIEW). Unbundle the source element and review the content to discover the reason for the exception.

Message 3 of 3
(2,254 Views)