LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED Help! Updated from 2009 to 2016 and VI's are broken

Solved!
Go to solution

The IT people here where I work need my laptop updated to Win 10. My 2009 version will no longer work. I have to vi's I use in teaching labs. They are broken. I neeed these to work for October. I have not programmed in Labview for maybe 5 yrs now. Can some one help me.

I have a license and a 2016 version the university purchased. We have 2009 up to 2018 or 2019 I think. Anyway I got away with using 2009 until they made me upgrade my laptop. I am an electronics/electrical eng - not a labview programmer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,209 Views)

Your VI's all open fine for me in 2019 without error.

You say they are broken, how are they broken?  Broken run arrow?  What does it say when you click on that broken run arrow.

If you provide information with details on the problem, we might be able to guide you to how to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,194 Views)

I also opened them in LabVIEW 2016.  I sent you a Private Message on the Forums suggesting (as a fellow academician) some things you might try ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,178 Views)

Hey Ravens fan.

I uploaded the wrong vi's in my rush just before labs.

The muscle stim analysis and the emg_male analysis vi's have broken run arrows. 

I attached the error window for the emg_male and the muscle stim analysis vi.

I got away with using these vi's for demo labs until I had to update to Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,137 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ned_Kelleher

Hi Ned,

those VIs open fine for me.

It seems you miss some additional toolkit, like the AdvancedAnalysis functions with your new LabVIEW installation…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,116 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ned_Kelleher

I managed to reach out to Ned via a PM, and we've talked on the phone.  He sent me his EMG Male Analysis routine, which also opens fine for me.  He's in class (teaching) right now, but I expect he'll call me when he gets back, and we'll figure out what pieces he's missing so he can install them.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ned_Kelleher

I would start questioning the version of LabVIEW.  Is it Basic, Full, or Professional?

It might use some functions that are only available in the Full version, but it is being opened in the Basic version.  For example, the Amplitude and Levels.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,089 Views)

I uninstalled Labview. Reinstalled 2016 and everything works. Thank you for the help. Special shout out to the coding suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,005 Views)