cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL DSN files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm trying to store data from LabVIEW in a MySQL database, I've foloved the folowing procidure (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/47A8CF66D5E3C8CC8625720A006139D6) and it all works fine. But then,  I would like to be able to put my path to my DSN in a string so that I do not have to specifie it every time I run the program. They say that you can do that in the last sentence of the tutorial, but I cant find my specific path. I did exactly as it sad in the tutorial, do anybody know how I can find thise address?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,574 Views)

Hi ollef,

you can only specify the path to your dsn file. Maybe this link helps to do what you need.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,565 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ollef

ollef,

Hello! Following that Tutorial you linked allows you to create at User DSN and according to the documents below isn't actually a file, but information stored in a registry. So, when using the DB Tools Open Connection VI you would wire a string control into the Connection Information Input of the VI with the Data Source Name of the User DSN that you created in Step 6 of the tutorial.

What Is the Difference between a System DSN, a User DSN, a File DSN, Universal Data Link (UDL), and ...
Database Source Name

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Message 3 of 3
(3,543 Views)