LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRio 1900 Wifi: disconnected

Hello, why is the computer connected to myrio's wifi always automatically disconnected, so the program cannot be uploaded? Could you help me solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,878 Views)

Probably your computer goes to sleep and powers down the adapter.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,850 Views)

Your question suggests (but I can't be certain, since you provide so few details) that you are unfamiliar with the logic and structure of LabVIEW Real-Time systems, including how connections between the Host (typically a PC running LabVIEW) and the Remote RT Target (the myRIO, in your case) are established.

As is frequently the case when vague questions such as yours are asked on the Forum, the Poster fails to share details about the Hardware or Software setup.  In your case, in particular, it would have been extremely helpful to see the LabVIEW Project and to understand the nature of the code that had been installed on the myRIO.

For a TCP/IP connection to be made between PC and myRIO, code must be running on both machines that "know" how to establish such a connection.  One machine (typically the PC) "knows" something about the other (like its IP Address) and "reaches out" to establish a connection (which implies that the other system has to be "listening", or at least running some software ...).  Once the connection has been established, unless it is subsequently "broken" (by either side, say, by the PC dropping its end of the connection), it should remain.

I've got a myRIO-1900 sitting on my desk with its WiFi light a solid Blue.  If I open LabVIEW, and open a Real-Time Project, it won't be connected (since I haven't "reached out".  Once I do connect, however, I will stay connected until I close the Project.

It sounds (to me) like your myRIO is working exactly as it is supposed to work.  I must confess I haven't been using the myRIO in USB mode for months, but I recall that when you plug it in, some service (NI Device Manager?) "sees" it and establishes a connection, which might "auto-connect" it with LabVIEW Project.  However, other LabVIEW RT projects I've done that used TCP/IP (and did not involve myRIOs) also required a "manual" re-connection when LabVIEW was opened.

Note that if you are talking about executables, you can enable "auto-connection".  One way to do this is to have your RT Target running a program that, when idle, "listens" for a TCP/IP connection request.  When your Host program starts, it "reaches out" and establishes the connection.  When the two programs end, I have them "break" the connection, and then I put the RT Target back into its Idle state, again listening for the Host to re-establish connections for the next time.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,814 Views)