From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRio 1900 - Error list

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I am new to LabView and have a Question about an issue I got.

First I wanna explain you the situation.

Im a student and Im writing a student work about properties of adhesives in cryogenic temperatures (using liquid nitrogen). Part of the work is to optimize a machine created some years ago by a Bachelor Student.

One area is an optimization of the control and regulation.

Now the issue

I got the current Labview Project that worked with the MyRIO 1900. The laptop used for the projext is currently missing, so I tried to use another Laptop and opened the Project. However when I am opening the project and trying to run it, i get the following error (see picture) that some vi are missing.

Im not sure what the problem is.

I tried to download all needed kits:

LABVIEW Software Bundle

LABVIEW

LABVIEW Real-Time Module

LabVIEW myRio Toolkit

However the error still occures.

Now The MyRio is currently at the university (Due to the actual crisis Im not there everyday). Im not sure whether I have to connect the MyRIO to LABVIEW and do some settings to fix the missing vi´s or if something else is the problem.

I read Online that you get a Software CD when buying the MyRIO. I asked my mentor but the CD is unfortunately lost, dont know how. He also took this project over. Are on the CD some other special Softwares needed or "only" the ones I already downloaded?

Well you see Im a Newbie trying to learn a little bit haha.

Would be pleased if you know what exactly the problem is (if the informations are enough).

Whether I need some drivers, need to connect the MyRio to Labview and do some settings or need the Software CD, other fixes..

Thanks in advance

Samuel 

Following the pictures:

LABVIEW.png

LABVIEW2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(2,901 Views)

Hi Suryoyono,

from the names of those missing VIs I guess they belong to this project of this former Bachelor student.

You need to find the whole source code of this project!

Isn't there any backup?

Does your university/institute use any SCC tools (Source Code Control)? Is the project kept safe in this SCC tool?

When you answer both questions with "No!" then your first task is to setup such a SCC tool or atleast to implement a backup scheme using a safe data storage: you should have learned now how important this is!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(2,892 Views)

Thanks for your reply GerdW.

I´ll ask whether there is still some Code they missed.

And I have the apprehension that my answer will be two times "No!" but am not sure yet.

Just for assurance I screenshoted (sorry for the bad quality, is from a pdf document, otherwise it would be too small to see) a part of how it should look like if it works.

The marked VIs are missing and now "?". That are only the ones with a (red background) and the "myRio" text in them.

Does that change anything for you or is your answer still that some Code may be missing?

Thanks again

and have a nice day Gerd

LABVIEW3.png

Edit:

The MyRio is not connected right now. If that changes anything

LABVIEW4.pngI guess this warning occures because the device is not connected right?

If so I´ll try it at university and see what kind of errors still occure

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(2,857 Views)

Hi Suryoyono,

according to this those missing VIs are myRIO (Express)VIs.

It seems you still need to install the complete myRIO drivers/support!

Did you check for compatibility between all your software tools? Did you install the very same LabVIEW version and modules the former student had used?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 19
(2,851 Views)

I guess here is at least one problem.

The LabView Version is definetly not the same as from the other student.

I tried to "find NI Device Drivers", but I guess I installed wrong ones.

Ni-RIO (Legacy)

I think I´ll connect the Rio when Im at university and try it with

"Connect to Instruments"

Use the NI Instrument Driver to install drivers for connected instruments.

Maybe thats easier

Will update you then

Thanks Sir

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(2,844 Views)

Hi Suryoyono,

@Suryoyono wrote:

I tried to "find NI Device Drivers", but I guess I installed wrong ones.

Ni-RIO (Legacy)

I think I´ll connect the Rio when Im at university and try it with

"Connect to Instruments"

Use the NI Instrument Driver to install drivers for connected instruments.

You need to install the myRIO drivers, NI-RIO is something different…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 19
(2,842 Views)

Thanks for your patience Gerd

I´ll update you

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(2,830 Views)

Hey, its me again.

Actually Im feeling kinda dumb right now.

I need help installing the drivers.

I guess im mixing everything and maybe overlooking something.

What drivers are needed (where are they found) and do I have to activate them or do something additional?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,793 Views)

@Suryoyono wrote:

Actually Im feeling kinda dumb right now.

I need help installing the drivers.

You may be "inexperienced", but I would hesitate to call you "kinda dumb".  You are trying to tackle one of the most difficult parts of dealing with (especially current) NI Software, the "Installation Issue".  I have probably done several hundred LabVIEW installations over the past decade, and it has rarely been as difficult or problematic as at present.

Before making specific recommendations, we need to know the current configuration of NI Software on the computer you will be using for your myRIO code development.  Note that the code you develop on this system, with this myRIO, might not work on another PC with LabVIEW if the LabVIEW setups aren't identical.

Here's a fairly easy way to provide us with this information:

1. Open MAX.
  2. Under My System, expand the Software tab.  All other Tabs should not be expanded.
  3. Capture the left pane, showing the list of Software.  Save as a .PNG (please, not as a .JPEG).
  4. If your myRIO is available, plug it in, close the My System tab, and expand Remote Systems.
  5. If it finds your myRIO, try to expand its Software tab.
  6. If successful, capture the left pane showing the myRIO's software (again as a .PNG).
  7. Attach both .PNGs to your reply.  (If you couldn't do Step 6, tell us what happened).

Depending on what we see, the recommendations might differ.

Bob Schor

Message 9 of 19
(2,783 Views)

Thanks Bob for your answer.

Ye inexperienced is a good word haha. But I did not thought that it would take me so much time. Thats why I feel a little bit incompetent.

I will respond to you next week. Before I will not be able to visit the Campus and give you the information.

Thanks for you kind answer

Greetings  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(2,761 Views)