From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRIO camera problems with LabVIEW

Hi, 

I am kinda new to LabVIEW, so this may be a easy question. When I try to connect my webcamera through a NI myRIO I can't find the camera in the list of I/O constants (my two internal webcameras appear there). This is a problem in the block diagram, it appears when I search for it in the Vision Assistant. Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,244 Views)

Does the camera show up under the myRIO in NI MAX? Do you have the IMAQ drivers installed on your myRIO? Do you have the LabVIEW support for Vision installed for the version of LabVIEW you are using (installation order can be important)?

Can you show us what you have listed under software in NI MAX?

There is some more information available under point 2 here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30345

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 5
(3,230 Views)

Recall that the myRIO is a separate computer running a Real-Time OS.  Any peripheral that you plug into it must be handled by Device Drivers on the myRIO.  There are cameras that can be placed on LabVIEW RT systems -- I've never done it, only handled cameras on PCs (which is the situation you have with your internal Webcams).

Is there any discussion of cameras on RT systems in the Vision Forum?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,208 Views)
What camera are you trying to connect? The myRIO doesn't play well with all cameras for various reasons so it oa good to know what you have.
Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,167 Views)

for first step you should gather enough information about your camera and whether labview support that kind of camera or not  
also for good advise there are some example on the labview example part with name of get or grab image from imaqdx try some of this example. if you could connect with your camera your problem is your camera mode and you can use some property node to grab image  also if  your camera is usb camera and you have enough information about the your product you can create your own driver with labview driver wizard to make your own driver to be recognized in Ni max 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,122 Views)