cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRIO - GPS - Hydrophone. Noise in the signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone! its Alex, I'm here with another issue 😁

Excuse me, but I don't know how to resolve this situation and this fantastic community is a nice option to learn about everything.

Situation:

Well, I'm trying to get information by a hidrophone with MyRIO. This is like a microphone for water.

It works, its ok. Now I have an adquisition card whose function is the signal proccesing, and finally it sends the signal by MyRIO (Ping 2 to AO0 and Ping 6 to AGND) to a HDD (Hard Disk Drive), I'm watching the signal generated in LabVIEW interface while the procces happens (Fig: 1), but it isn't here the problem.

VegaAlex_0-1574778366231.png

Fig: 1 - Signal without noise

This is the problem... The next step is to use a GPS, specifically VK2828U7G5LF, Datasheet. To get time, date, speed, latitude and longitude. When I energized the GPS with +5V (Pin 1 from MXP Connector A) MyRIO and Ground DGND (Pin 8 from MXP Connector A), and RX GPS with TX MyRIO, TX GPS with RX MyRIO for comunication, the signal in the LabVIEW interface start to get noise every 1 second (The GPS transmits data every 1 second). So... the GPS is adding noise to my signal (Fig: 2).

VegaAlex_1-1574778446188.png

Fig: 2 - Signal with noise (Every 1 second happens)

How can I fix this?

Aditional Information:

When I disconnect RX and TX, it works fine.

All the grounds are bridged, including analog and digital grounds.

Thank you all!!! 😀

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,935 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VegaAlex

Sorry! My bad!

I was connecting the wrong ping, hahaha 😣

I said I was connecting the signal output in a ping analog output. So, the solution was connect the signal output in an analog input. Just that 🙄

Sooo Sorry!!!! This is so embarrassment 😂

See you in a next time, thank you all!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,895 Views)

@VegaAlex wrote:

Excuse me, but I don't know how to resolve this situation and this fantastic community is a nice option to learn about everything.

The idea is "everything" should be LabVIEW related, of course. This one is on the edge 😉.

This could be a lot of things.

Probably the Rx\Tx signals interfere with the analog signals. Are those analog wires shielded? And are the shields grounded properly? The analog wires should at least be twisted pairs (ground\signal being the pairs).

Another potential problem could be the power supply. If Rx\Tx are connected, the GPS might use more current when it is transmitting serial data. That means it could use more power, and that could interfere with the power of the DAQ. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,895 Views)

@VegaAlex wrote:

Sorry! My bad!

I was connecting the wrong ping, hahaha 😣

I said I was connecting the signal output in a ping analog output. So, the solution was connect the signal output in an analog input. Just that 🙄

Sooo Sorry!!!! This is so embarrassment 😂

See you in a next time, thank you all!

The only thing I can say about this is... thank God I'm not the ONLY one!  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,838 Views)