LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My waveform chart is suppose to be with respect to time but I've noticed it is plotted with respect to the number of times through my VI

I was under the assumption that waveform charts in LabVIEW 6i atomaticly displayed wired data with respect to time in seconds. However, I noticed that my chart plots data with respect to the number of data points my VI has generated. Is there anyway to fix this so that the chart actually plots vs. time. I've attached VI. The CIN is to a Computerboards Inc, thermocouple. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,321 Views)
It appears that the chart is set to display relative time but since you don't have the acquisition in any kind of a loop, your relative time is pretty meaningless. You've got the dX of the chart set to be one, so yeah, at the beginning, the x scale numbers are going to be the same as the number of aquisitions until you've run it more than 60 times. At this point, you'll see the x scale show minutes and seconds. If you want absolute time for the x scale, look at the examples Real-Time Chart.vi or Variable-Time Chart XY.vi.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,321 Views)
It appears that the chart is set to display relative time but since you don't have the acquisition in any kind of a loop, your relative time is pretty meaningless. You've got the dX of the chart set to be one, so yeah, at the beginning, the x scale numbers are going to be the same as the number of aquisitions until you've run it more than 60 times. At this point, you'll see the x scale show minutes and seconds. If you want absolute time for the x scale, look at the examples Real-Time Chart.vi or Variable-Time Chart XY.vi.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,321 Views)