LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My player vis work on some computers but not others

I created and signed some vis, converted them to llbs and then loaded them onto a unix box where they are called by cgi scripts. On several pcs, it works perfectly but on others, I get the error message that the top level vi is not signed or validation failed, load error code 34. All pcs are accessing the same llbs from the same unix box, so it is something about the way some of the machines are set up.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,336 Views)
There is some good general information on the LabVIEW player available at the following sight. Something there might ring a bell as to what is happening.
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/2d17d611efb58b22862567a9006ffe76/87392d1cb3c49dde86256ae30049ce55?OpenDocument

There are a couple things I would check for sure.
1) Do the computers on which it works only have LabVIEW player? If they also have a version of LabVIEW, the player might not really be reading the VI on any of the machines.
2) Have any changes been made to the VI since it was accessed successfully by the other machines? If any changes are made to the VI, you will need to resign it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,336 Views)
I am very familiar with the Player web site mentioned.
1) I have tried 10 pcs. 6 work and 4 don't. Some of the ones that work are loaded with all kinds of LabVIEW. One that doesn't work is a brand new machine with nothing but Player on it. I don't see any pattern to the problem.
2) I can have two machines side-by-side both accessing the same routines at the same time. One consistently works, the other consistently gives the error message. All machines are win2k.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,336 Views)