LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fonts are now in Japanese HELP

I have been wiorking on many projects in labview 7.1, 8.0 and 8.2.  When I opened a large application (7 build scripts and ~300 VI) all my fonts misteriously turned from English so Japanese.  What gives this is a serious problem.  If I start a new VI it is not japanese font, What happened?  Any help would be very good since this is going to be installed on tuesday. 

Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,449 Views)

@falkpl wrote:
IIf I start a new VI it is not japanese font, What happened?

This sounds contradictory to your question.

Do you WANT font in Japanese or you DONT WANT in Japanese ?

Please clarify...

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,422 Views)
hi there

sounds wicked. i'd

- check the font settings of the japanese VIs
- check that all neccessary fonts are installed on my machine (what's the behaviour on other machines?)
- check the language and regional settings on the machine (maybe you have to disable asian languages. i've seen other windows applications to change to japanes or chinese after asian languages have been enabled.)

good luck

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,416 Views)

No I dont want Japanese or chinese (food but not fonts).Very strange bug, the application settings = en, the system is in US settings.  When I deleted the project and went to the last version, all my text was back in english.  This was my temporary fix, didnt lose too much work but srtange none the less.  The OS is vista, LV for the project is 8.0 and the font was MS San Sanrif size 18.  All the lables and default text became Japanese or possible Chinese when I opened it I tried changing fonts, set the font back to default, added a new VI and I was back in english.  Just dont know what happened.  At least I was aple to go to the previous version (I make backups every few hours of coding).  I very rarely have to internationalize my apps so I am unfamillar with the language settings.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,409 Views)
I am having the same problem with LV 2009 and I also have a large project (2000 VIs and then many more when it is running).  I think there is some memory issue..?  Anyone know how to change it back or how to detect which of my many VIs have switched character sets?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,070 Views)

Hi dycor,

To clarify some things:

1.  Are these projects already written in different languages?  Are they written in different versions of LabVIEW (LabVIEW japanese, for example)

2.  When you open a single VI in the project without opening the project, does the same thing happen?

3.  When this issue occurs, does the language change for the entire environment?  Does the language change on the operating system itself (start menu, for example)? 

Message Edited by Smootastic on 02-12-2010 10:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,039 Views)

This issue is also being discussed here:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=191355&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Here are some answers to Smootastic's questions:

1.  No different languages - just U.S. English.

2.  When LabVIEW is not running, I double click in the VI and yes it still has the Asian Character set.  Sometimes I have seen it, when built into an EXE, with squares instead of characters.  Other times blank characters that I can copy and paste into notepad to see the digits.  Some controls still are in English.  See the attached picture.

3.  My PC and most of the other front panels are still in English.

Usually my source code VIs are ok.. but once they get saved with the weird fonts they always open that way and I have to restore from a previous version.  When I see these characters in my EXE I just rebuild it and usually the problem is fixed - I think I restart LabVIEW before rebuilding though.

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Mike

Dycor Technologies Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,021 Views)

Hi

I do not think that the language (japanese or chinese ..) matters. It is a problem of font replacement;I have a similar (worse) problem, described here http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=474835#M474835

N

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,003 Views)

Hi Mike and N,

Take a look at this KB and let me know if this helps:

KnowledgeBase 4Z7BPBUB: Why are my Control Labels on my LabVIEW 8.6.x VI Changing Language After Bui... 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,963 Views)
I think this is a perfect opportunity to become bilingual.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,951 Views)