cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My VI works fine with debug light bulb, but not at full speed

Thanks!

The rest is mine.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(392 Views)

A further note about why using sequence structures (flat or stacked) are not a good idea is that you have no way out once you get in them. This makes things like error handling a nightmare. Each frame down the line has to include case statements to see if the error occurred upstream or not. In some cases you end up needing multiple nested case statements to look for combinations of things. State machines are a preferred method since you can easily control what states get executed when. Even if you chose not to use state machines it would be better to place the code from each frame in a subVI and them simply wire the subVIs together. The code is more readable and easier to understand at the higher level.

If nothing else you should at least listen to what has been suggested here for future applications. If you can't take the time to rewrite the existing code fine. It sucks but it is a reality. At least take the approach of "sin no more". Break the habit of using the same sequence frame structure for future code.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 22 of 24
(383 Views)

Well said, Mark.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(374 Views)

This post is just to document for the future.

I logged SR # Reference#1670843 on the question if the "run single threaded" switch is worrking. NI support could not confirm it was or was not only that it is supposed to work. Since verifying would take some tTrace Execution runs that I don't have time for... I have to drop this question for now.

If others run into similar, that SR number may be useful.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(343 Views)