LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sine wave has changed to Step wave, No clue how?

I am doing a project realted to Data acquisition with force transducer and I have Target profile force has a Sine wave this has been changed to Step wave I dont know how as I have not changed anything and when i am using different programs which I saved in my laptop and I copy them into the Test laptop where I have to run this program It is giving me the same result and I am not having ne clue how I could change it to original one, This was my final stage of Master Thesis and now Its getting dificult for me day by day as I am not getting any soultion.

Here are print screen of the prog output so you can see what has actually happened and try to help me out.

Thanks,

Taraq

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,344 Views)

Taraq

I'm thinking that the sine wave stayed a sine wave but lost signifgant resolution.  what Hardware is generating the signal and what is monitoring that signal?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,334 Views)

Hardware is ATI Force transducer but that for acquisition and for that we are using PCMCI card but that for signal acquisition and this sine wave is acting like a target wave. it means that when we give force on force transducer via our thumb we should be able to manage our force in such a way that it meets the target wave and that wave is sine wave here and I have been in this project in the middle and I have not done full programming of it but as far as I know sine wave is generated internally

Do you want to see the prog but as it has different dependencies and this project is going from years so lot of things have been added and tht makes this program really complicated so i dont know how much it will help you to understand but if you want I can post it here as something is better than nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,332 Views)

Check the properties of your graph.  The Plots tab.  It looks to me like you have it set for a different plot interpolation where it stays flat at a level between points rather the a linear interpolation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,321 Views)

Thank you guys but I find out the solution it was realted to using decimal point as I am working on german laptop and Labview install was in english so I was making this problem

Regards,

Taraq

Message 5 of 6
(2,317 Views)

@Taraq wrote:

Thank you guys but I find out the solution it was realted to using decimal point as I am working on german laptop and Labview install was in english so I was making this problem

Regards,

Taraq

Nice catch!  Post the examples so we all can learn from this

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,294 Views)