From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My LabView file does not work after I convert it to an application (exe) file

I converted a Labview development file to an application file but when I try to run the application(exe) file, it does not execute. It has never done that before so I don't understand what's happening.

I can still run the development file and it works just fine. Its the application file that does not run.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,101 Views)

You will need to be a bit more specific on this.

Maybe you could post your VI here too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,093 Views)

Did you set the VI to "run when opened"?

Do you get any kind of error when you open the application? If so, what does it say?

Is it possible that it's erroring out due to something missing, and then simply stopping?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,089 Views)

After I finish all the steps in creating the application file, and try to run the application file by clicking the "RUN" arrow at the top, nothing happens. Like I was saying earlier, I've always done the same steps and I've never come across this problem before.

I have attached the VI file. I don't know if you can convert it and try to run it and see if it works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,082 Views)

smercurio,  

Unless that is the default setting, I did not set the VI to "run when opened". I don't get any error when I open the application file. When I try to run the file, just nothing happens. No its not erroring out.

It does give me an error when i run the full development VI file which makes sense since there is no hardware attached and therefore it can't find any modules. This I believe is normal. However I dont get the same error when I run the application file.

Hope the above makes sense. I also posted the VI on my earlier post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,079 Views)

You stop your VI with the DAQ Assistent, which is not a good way for running it as an application.

I simply deleted the wire from DAQ Assistent to the loop's conditional terminal and connected a Stop Button instead.

Try this and see if it runs as an executable then. If so, somethings might be wrong in your DAQ configuration which should give you an error.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,046 Views)

ramair,

I noticed that your DAQ Assistant has 14 channels assigned to the SCXI-1124, but that device has only 6 outputs. ( ?? )

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,030 Views)

Broken Arrow,

The 14 channels are assigned to SCXI-1102B which has 32 channels. I am not using SCXI-1124.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,013 Views)

Christian,

I did delete the wire from the DAQ Assistant to the loop's conditional terminal and connected a stop button. It did help a part of the problem. I can now convert it to an executable file and run it. However, when I run the file, it does not display any data. All fields just read "0". Again, I noticed that it does not give me an error that I'm looking for. I am looking for an error which I get when I run the full development file which says the following:

"The specified device is not present or is not active in the system. The device may not be installed on this system, may have been unplugged, or may not be installed correctly".

I just don't get that error when I run the executable file. I also ran the executable file on the computer which has the hardware attached to it. It still continues to show zeros in all data fields.

-ramair

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,010 Views)
So your next step will be to Remote Debug your Executable!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,007 Views)