LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Big Book of Grievances and Bugs concerning the new 3D Surface

The active axis property node autoscaled range values bug (aka graph bug 4) has been filed with R&D. CAR number is 316772

I'm still not able to reproduce the strange behavior you experienced with clipping (bugs 2 and 3), are there any other steps that I need to take?

Thanks,

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support  

Message 11 of 54
(2,789 Views)

@Tim W. wrote:

The active axis property node autoscaled range values bug (aka graph bug 4) has been filed with R&D. CAR number is 316772

I'm still not able to reproduce the strange behavior you experienced with clipping (bugs 2 and 3), are there any other steps that I need to take?

Like I said, I don't know what state I got it into or how.  I'm having trouble recreating it now as well.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 12 of 54
(2,782 Views)

It's all good. If you can figure out how it happened just let me know and I'll file the bug report.

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 54
(2,778 Views)

I've come back with some more pan-induced bugs.

This is elaborating on a bug I briefly touched on earlier where the graph snaps back to center when it is panned.  It seems that doing anything will snap it back..  "Anythings" I have tried include rotating the graph, viewing a projection, zooming and opening the 3D Properties window.

Also, when it is panned, the camera mode used for rotating the graph seems to change.

I have a video, but for some reason my files are too big this time.  I'll figure it out if you need a video to understand what I'm saying.

--
Tim Elsey
Message 14 of 54
(2,768 Views)

Another AutoScale bug.  This time with a picture, no video.

test.PNG

The range for the Y data is 0-132, which you can see in the block diagram picture where I used the Ramp VI to create the Y Vector.  Additionally you can see that the Y axis is supposed to be autoscaled by the LED on the bottom of the front panel.  You can also see that the graph is clearly not autoscaled since the Y axis goes from 0-140.  I suspect it's doing a sort of 'Loose Fit' like you can do with the 2D graphs.

--
Tim Elsey
Message 15 of 54
(2,747 Views)

It looks like the autoscale bug is a bit stranger than it first appears. The loose-fit view only happens for values above 100, and does not appear when the value is divisible by 10 because the window automatically uses the next "10" as the axis maximum (101 has an axis max of 110, 111 has 120, etc). This has been filed to R&D, CAR#316928. 

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Message 16 of 54
(2,730 Views)

I'm likely done reporting bugs because I'm abandoning my project for the time being.  This is mostly because of the color issue in my first post.  Any chance of getting a CAR for that particular issue?  That's the one that is affecting me the most, so I hope that NI sees this as a bug, and aims to fix it.

The next most irksome thing I reported would be the lack of a colorscale autoscale option (The reason I abandoned the new graphs in 8.6).  I think I devised a workaround in my head, but was stopped in my tracks because it used the Z.Min and Z.Max properties, which are also buggy.

--
Tim Elsey
Message 17 of 54
(2,724 Views)

elset191 wrote:

The first one is mostly cosmetic, but I feel it's pretty important.  The colors on the graph do not really reflect what colors are shown on the color scale.  Whatever interpolation algorithm is being used isn't working properly.  Look at the following picture comparing the new graph with the old style graph, and the colors.  Specifically look where the green and yellow meet.  The new color mixes green and yellow throughout.  The colors should for a straight spectrum like the ActiveX control.

Is this the one? Or should I look more at the XControl stuff you mentioned?

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 54
(2,716 Views)

That's the one.  The fact that the color's 'bleed' into one another, and are not representative of the scale.  The picture I posted shows how it should work.

--
Tim Elsey
Message 19 of 54
(2,711 Views)

Oops, I found another bug when I was getting ready to shut down for the day.

When you are in a projection view (I only tried XY, I expect it's the same in all) and graph a new data set, the 3D Picture control viewing properties change (zoom mostly).

--
Tim Elsey
Message 20 of 54
(2,704 Views)