LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplexer question (PXI-2527) and topology, etc.

Hi all,

I have a LabVIEW exe from a customer where the front panel GUI shows CH0+ being switched to either CH16+ or CH17+ or CH18+. These channel names refer to a PXI-2527. The program and the hardware are working fine, but I thought one of these lines would have to be a Common. How are they using CH0+ as an input and switching it to one of those outputs? What topology would make this possible? (again it's a exe Smiley Mad).

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,108 Views)

That is confusing.  My guess is that they are calling CH0 the common.  And since they used +, I would also guess they are using the 2-wire.  Again, pure guessing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,095 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

That is confusing.  My guess is that they are calling CH0 the common.  And since they used +, I would also guess they are using the 2-wire.  Again, pure guessing.

That's what I have to assume - without opening the wire bundle to ohm it out...Smiley Frustrated  With Independent Topology, could that type of connection happen - connecting This Channel to That Channel without regards to the Commons?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,090 Views)

Broken_Arrow,

Using the independent topology of the device, you can route the input channels to themselves.  Refer to the link I've included below:

NI PXIPXIe-2527 Independent Topology
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472F-01/switch/2527_independent/

This is likely what the customer is using.  

There is actually a specific message board for any future switch-related questions you may have:

Switch Hardware and Software - NI Discussion Forums
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Switch-Hardware-and-Software/bd-p/320

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(2,080 Views)