From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple windows of same subvi?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

first off: Sorry if my question is dumb or anything, I've been browsing through many threads and still haven't found a solution to my problem (been using labview for a few days now, and once a few years back)... 

At the moment I am writing a piece of code to control my cooled CCD camera and take pictures with it, which are then viewed in an intensity graph (+ optionally safe them)... Now to be able to easily compare several pictures, I'd need every intensity graph shown in a new window (each with the save option as well...)

So far, I didn't get further than having one new front panel from a subVI which is updated with every picture.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,884 Views)

Would it work for you to save the intensity graph to file? 

Message Edited by vt92 on 02-01-2010 08:23 AM
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 2 of 8
(2,873 Views)

Hi,

I´m not sure if this is what you want.

If you want to have more instances of the same (VI-) executable you can add the following line to the .ini file of the application:

AllowMultipleInstances=On

Andi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,872 Views)

Simple solution:

Use n Intensity graphs and n Buttons.

More complex solutions:

* Use a reentrant SubVI

* Use a XControl

Felix

Message 4 of 8
(2,862 Views)

Thanks for the input so far...

@vt92: I will write the intensity file to a JPEG and a textfile anyway (optional, if picture is worth saving 😉 )   but I also need to be able to quantitatively compare the images via the cursor to view intensities of the pixels of interest, otherwise it would be much easier, I know 😉

@andi: The problem is that I want to have my main VI call the same sub VI multiple times (each time I take a picture) and have each subVI's front panel individually instead of only having the latest image in the front panel...

@Felix:  simple solution is somewhat unpratical... Have never worked with XControl, but I will take a look at it 🙂

Hope that clarifies what I want to do 😉

Message Edited by Hawkchen on 02-01-2010 08:31 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,860 Views)

Hawkchen wrote:

At the moment I am writing a piece of code to control my cooled CCD camera and take pictures with it, which are then viewed in an intensity graph (+ optionally safe them)... Now to be able to easily compare several pictures, I'd need every intensity graph shown in a new window (each with the save option as well...)

So far, I didn't get further than having one new front panel from a subVI which is updated with every picture.

Probably VI templates is what you looking for.

See example in <LabVIEW>\examples\general\controls\subpanel.llb\Subpanel Templates.vi

Andrey.

Message 6 of 8
(2,858 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hawkchen

You have to set your VI to reentrant and call it using VI server.  This is the code I use.

untitled.PNG

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 7 of 8
(2,850 Views)

Thank you so much, elset, that was exactly what I was looking for, wouldn't have made it without the picture, so thanks a lot 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,812 Views)