cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple windows of same subvi?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

first off: Sorry if my question is dumb or anything, I've been browsing through many threads and still haven't found a solution to my problem (been using labview for a few days now, and once a few years back)... 

At the moment I am writing a piece of code to control my cooled CCD camera and take pictures with it, which are then viewed in an intensity graph (+ optionally safe them)... Now to be able to easily compare several pictures, I'd need every intensity graph shown in a new window (each with the save option as well...)

So far, I didn't get further than having one new front panel from a subVI which is updated with every picture.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,862 Views)

Would it work for you to save the intensity graph to file? 

Message Edited by vt92 on 02-01-2010 08:23 AM
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 2 of 8
(2,851 Views)

Hi,

I´m not sure if this is what you want.

If you want to have more instances of the same (VI-) executable you can add the following line to the .ini file of the application:

AllowMultipleInstances=On

Andi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,850 Views)

Simple solution:

Use n Intensity graphs and n Buttons.

More complex solutions:

* Use a reentrant SubVI

* Use a XControl

Felix

Message 4 of 8
(2,840 Views)

Thanks for the input so far...

@vt92: I will write the intensity file to a JPEG and a textfile anyway (optional, if picture is worth saving 😉 )   but I also need to be able to quantitatively compare the images via the cursor to view intensities of the pixels of interest, otherwise it would be much easier, I know 😉

@andi: The problem is that I want to have my main VI call the same sub VI multiple times (each time I take a picture) and have each subVI's front panel individually instead of only having the latest image in the front panel...

@Felix:  simple solution is somewhat unpratical... Have never worked with XControl, but I will take a look at it 🙂

Hope that clarifies what I want to do 😉

Message Edited by Hawkchen on 02-01-2010 08:31 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,838 Views)

Hawkchen wrote:

At the moment I am writing a piece of code to control my cooled CCD camera and take pictures with it, which are then viewed in an intensity graph (+ optionally safe them)... Now to be able to easily compare several pictures, I'd need every intensity graph shown in a new window (each with the save option as well...)

So far, I didn't get further than having one new front panel from a subVI which is updated with every picture.

Probably VI templates is what you looking for.

See example in <LabVIEW>\examples\general\controls\subpanel.llb\Subpanel Templates.vi

Andrey.

Message 6 of 8
(2,836 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hawkchen

You have to set your VI to reentrant and call it using VI server.  This is the code I use.

untitled.PNG

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 7 of 8
(2,828 Views)

Thank you so much, elset, that was exactly what I was looking for, wouldn't have made it without the picture, so thanks a lot 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,790 Views)