Message 42 of 53
(2,466 Views)
Ah... Flat Sequence Structure inside Labview... 🙂

Message Edited by luizmenezesjr on 07-06-2007 03:22 PM

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 53
(2,460 Views)
Hi Patrick!

I read your post about using multiple webcams with IEEE 1394 drivers and firewire cameras. Please give me more information about this solution. I am trying to use 3 or more cameras (per computer) in a network. But as others stated, I also face problem of LabVIEW crashing.

Can you tell me please, how can I acquire continuous images from the firewire cameras, just as I do it with USB (using IMAQ USB) cameras?

Best regards
Vaibhav Shah
Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 53
(2,248 Views)
Hello Vaibhav,

It could be a bunch of things causing your problem.  If the same code is working for a single camera, but causes an error if you have three or more cameras connected then you're probably hitting the bandwidth limit on your firewire bus.  

What you need to do is adjust the camera bandwidth in MAX.  In my case I lowered the frame rate on the cameras from 30fps to 15fps.  This reduced the bandwidth by half and allows me to display the images from four cameras at once.  This had to be done for each of the cameras connected to the system.  (Don't forget to save)        

Good luck.
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 53
(2,232 Views)

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for the quick response.

I haven't yet used firewire cameras in my system. I am first trying to figure out how LabVIEW allows to use firewire cameras. Is there any special driver needed? And what are the vi's for firewire cameras?

Also, can you write me please, which camera brands (models/manufacturers) are you using? To check with compatibility issues.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 53
(2,221 Views)
Hello again Vaibhav,

You'll want to make sure you have the latest Vision software from NI.  Specifically one with the new IMAQdx drivers.  

The VI's specific to Firewire cameras are located in the Vision Subpallet.  (See screenshot)

In our shop, we're currently using Fire-i cameras from Unibrain.  http://www.unibrain.com/Products/VisionImg/Fire_i_DC.htm

But we have also worked with a couple of Basler cameras as well.  

Have a look for the Industrial Camera Advisor on NI's webpages.  They can help you select the correct camera for your application.

Good Luck.  

Message Edited by pallen on 12-12-2007 11:24 AM
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 53
(2,205 Views)

Thanks a lot Patrick!

Very well explained mail.

I think for now, I have got my answers. First, let me buy a camera (which are cheap and modest by your recommendations) and try by myself.

I will get back to you if I have any more problems.

Thanks again,

Best regards.

Vaibhav

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 53
(2,184 Views)

Hi all,

I just read the thread and read about the examples that are said to be packed with the usb-driver. But in the Labview example searchI cant find them. Where can I get those NI Examples?

Thanks,

ChrisTS 

regards,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 53
(1,674 Views)

oh, I forgot to tell that I installed the NI Imaq USB Drivers. And I can capture images from my webcam. My problem at the moment is, that the resolution I set in the Webcam config is not used within Labview. And the video I capture is played too fast. 1 minute video plays in 30 seconds.

Regards,

ChrisTS 

regards,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 53
(1,671 Views)